Somerset Region Local Services
Somerset Region ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Somerset Region site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Somerset Region Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Somerset Region When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Somerset Region Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Somerset Region Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Somerset Region ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Somerset Region and a Place to Meet
The somerset.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Somerset Region
Somerset Region is a local government area situated in the southeastern part of Queensland, Australia. It covers an area of 5,624 square kilometers and has an estimated population of 24,000 people.
Interesting Facts about Somerset Region:
1. Somerset is home to three major dams - Somerset Dam, Wivenhoe Dam, and Atkinson Dam. These dams are significant water sources for the region and provide flood mitigation for the city of Brisbane.
2. Somerset Region is a popular tourist destination due to its natural attractions, including Lake Somerset, Brisbane Valley Rail Trail, and South East Queensland Koala Sanctuary. Visitors can enjoy fishing, bushwalking, camping, and wildlife spotting in the region.
3. The region has a rich cultural heritage, with many Indigenous cultural sites situated along the Brisbane River. The area was also home to the first European settlement in Queensland, with the arrival of John Oxley in 1824.
4. Somerset Region has a vibrant agricultural industry, with the production of beef, dairy, timber, and fruit being significant contributors to the local economy. The annual Somerset Celebration of Agriculture festival is a testament to the region's farming heritage.
5. The town of Kilcoy in Somerset Region is famous for its beef industry and is home to one of Australia's largest beef processing plants. The Kilcoy Races are also held annually, attracting visitors from across the state.
6. Somerset Region is also home to several historic landmarks and buildings, including the Coominya Railway Station, Somerset Civic Centre, and Fernvale Memorial Park.
7. The region has several national parks, including D'Aguilar National Park, which is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including over 40 different bird species.
8. The Esk Wivenhoe Visitor Information Centre in Somerset Region provides visitors with information on local attractions, tours, and activities, and is a great starting point for exploring the area.
9. The region has a rich sporting culture, with many local sporting clubs and facilities available for residents and visitors. The Lowood and District Golf Club, for example, offers golfing enthusiasts a challenging 18-hole course in a scenic setting.
10. The region's annual Somerset Rail Trail Fun Run/Walk is a popular event, attracting participants of all ages and fitness levels to its scenic 8-kilometer trail. The event is a fun way to explore the region and promote fitness and healthy living.