Somerset Region Event Calendar
MovemberWe're making change for men's health in Somerset Region. Give us a hand.
Wed Nov 1st
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st 2024
Total Results = 2
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Somerset Region event simply Login
Events in and around Somerset Region
Seasonal Fun and Exciting Events in Somerset Region, Queensland, Australia
Somerset Region, located in South East Queensland, is a beautiful and picturesque region that offers something for everyone. With an abundance of natural attractions, historic landmarks, and cultural events, Somerset Region is a great place to visit at any time of the year. Below are some of the fun and exciting events that you can look forward to in Somerset Region throughout the year.
Winter in Somerset Region can be chilly, but it is still a great time to explore the region's many natural attractions. The following events take place during winter:
1. Winter Harvest Festival - This festival takes place in early August and celebrates the region's annual harvest. Visitors can enjoy a wide range of local produce, including winter vegetables, meat, and dairy products. There are also live music performances, cooking demonstrations, and workshops.
2. Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Fun Run - This event takes place in July and is perfect for runners and hikers of all skill levels. The trail starts in Esk and runs along the old railway line to Toogoolawah. The event features a 5km, 10km, and 21km course.
Spring in Somerset Region is beautiful, with an explosion of flowers and greenery. Here are some of the events that take place during spring:
1. Kilcoy Show - This is one of the biggest annual events in Somerset Region and takes place in October. The show features a wide range of activities, including a rodeo, agricultural displays, live music, and fireworks.
2. Fernvale Country Markets - These markets take place every Saturday in Fernvale and feature a wide range of local produce, handmade gifts, and crafts. The markets are a great place to pick up some souvenirs and meet the locals.
Summer in Somerset Region can be hot, but there are still plenty of fun activities to enjoy. The following events take place during summer:
1. Somerset Dam Fishing Classic - This event takes place in December and is perfect for fishing enthusiasts. Visitors can enjoy a weekend of fishing and socializing, with prizes awarded for the biggest catch.
2. Toogoolawah Christmas Carnival - This carnival takes place in December and features a wide range of activities, including a Christmas parade, carol singing, and a visit from Santa Claus.
Autumn in Somerset Region is a great time to explore the region's history and heritage. Here are some of the events that take place during autumn:
1. Lowood and District Show - This show takes place in March and celebrates the region's agricultural heritage. Visitors can enjoy a range of activities, including livestock competitions, show jumping, and a pet parade.
2. Fernvale Heritage Walk - This walk takes place in April and is a great way to explore the region's history and heritage. Visitors can learn about the region's indigenous culture, colonial history, and natural environment.
Somerset Region offers an abundance of fun and exciting events throughout the year. Whether you are interested in nature, history, or culture, there is something for everyone in this beautiful region. So why not plan your next trip to Somerset Region and experience all that this amazing destination has to offer?
Somerset Regional Council
PO Box 117, Esk QLD 4312
Phone: (07) 5424 4000